Third time’s a charm. Miranda and James engaged in 2017. Determined to accommodate all friends and families, the pair managed to have not just one, but three weddings. Bali, Jakarta and the last one at Collingwood Childrens Farm, to be precise at the famous Oak Tree by The Yarra River.
They describe their wedding as rustic and relaxed, decorated with Australian native flowers. But Miranda always reminds us that their wedding is about love, family and friends.
She further requests us, as their Melbourne wedding photographer, to capture the happiness and warmth shared with the guests at the wedding.
Miranda and James and their 120 guests braved the 36 degrees heat, but the wonderful thing about this venue is The Oak Tree is large enough to shade everyone from the sun. The light shower right after ceremony also helped to cool down the temperature.
There’s plenty of photo spots, the barn, the paddock (best during golden hour), around the stables and gardens behind the barn. So even if you don’t feel like walking or exploring, the venue itself already offer more than you need.
The wedding concludes at the barn, where we can see more rustic elements. Miranda herself is an artist, her flower choice really describes what she meant by having a rustic wedding. Even their wedding cake is decorated with Australian native flowers. And the atmosphere inside the barn is bringing the rustic feel further through the night of the wedding reception.
- Dress: Neny Armand
- Make up: Elly Liana – @makeupbyellyliana
- Hair: Elly Liana – @makeupbyellyliana
- Flowers: Little Lady Blooms – @littleladyblooms
- Shoes: Naima – @naima_shoes
- Headpiece: Little Lady Blooms – @littleladyblooms
- Wedding rings: Singgalang – @singgalang_hs_pondok_indah
- Wedding cake: Sticky Fingers Bakery – @stickyfingersbakery
- Celebrant: Elisa Westein – @elisawesteincelebrant
- Groom suit: Joe Black – @joeblackofficial
- DJ: Melbourne Entertainment Company – @melbentco
Getting married at Collingwood Childrens Farm? Have questions regarding wedding photography at this beautiful and rustic venue? Drop us an email to find out more about how our Melbourne wedding photographer can help you capture your beautiful day.